Annons:
Tagminimalist-living
Read 1051 times
jordan
2019-08-02 22:02

When Minimalism goes too far... (video)

In light of a recent post I wondered how minimalism in some ways might go too far. Luckily Matt D'Avella recently posted a video discussing exactly this!

I think the main point in the video for me was when he mentions that minimalism is not about getting by with as little as possible, it's about getting through life with what YOU deem is enough for yourself.

While I can definitely appreciate the aesthetic of a minimalist room or office setting, for me at least there would be quite a few items that I would need that others may not. Take for instance my continuously growing collection of tech Laughing out loud

Do you agree with Matt?

Savvity is a network of interest centered communities
  • Edited by Niklas 2022-02-08 10:20
Annons:
Tammie
2019-08-03 06:48

I agree. What works for one person is not what will work for the next. Especially, for those of us with hobbies. Laughing

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

jordan
2019-08-06 19:27

Definitely! Do you think it would be classed as minimalist to just have like a single purpose room for that hobby alone? I think I could get behind that Laughing out loud

Niklas
2019-08-08 15:50

We are all different and our needs differ. Minimalism is about feeling. Unless you're in a minimalist mood, you will not be able to scale down your life much. You must feel that the maximalist life we are all taught isn't a given, but a marketed way of living where everything is about climbing a ladder of happiness built on always getting and having more than previously. You need to feel that your happiness isn't depending on things, as long as you have enough, if you want to be successful at minimalism.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2019-09-10 15:57

#2 And if you have more hobbies you need more than one room. !

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Scroll to top
Annons: