minimalist-living

How to convince non-minimilast boyfriend

2019-08-27 09:29 #0 by: Evelina

I need help convincing my boyfriend to help me go through the storage room in the basement. 

We haven't gone through it ever and we moved in several years ago to this apartment. Our storage closet inside our apartment is getting really full despite me going through it, organising and getting rid of stuff. 

I want to be able to put some of the apartment closet stuff down in the basement storage but it is filled to the brim with stuff we do not use ever. 

What do I do? Straight faced

2019-08-27 10:49 #1 by: Niklas

Write a note and put it on the fridge.

β€œNote to tenants of this apartment:

All items in the storage room that has not been labeled with the owner's name by noon coming Sunday will be discarded or given to charity. Label anything you want to keep with your name. If you label a box full of things, you will get to keep the box, but not the unlabeled things in it.

- The Landlord”

2019-08-27 10:50 #2 by: Evelina

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ perfect! We shall see how it goes!

2019-08-27 10:54 #3 by: Niklas

Or start a garage sale (loppis) and let them buy anything they want to keep.

2019-08-27 10:55 #4 by: Niklas

But let him buy things before you let outsiders make bargains.

2019-08-28 20:26 #5 by: jordan

I know that money doesn't always equal happiness, but maybe saying that you could pool the money together for the things you don't need and put it towards something you do might help convince him a little?

Otherwise #1 is a fantastic idea Laughing out loud

2019-08-28 21:30 #6 by: Evelina

Great ideas Niklas and Jordan! I am going to wait till the weekend to pressure him Laughing out loud

2019-09-10 13:53 #7 by: Emo

Has he left you? Laughing out loudWinking If not, why?

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

2019-09-10 14:55 #8 by: Evelina

Lol we did end up going down there two weekends ago and we threw some stuff out. We made a deal to go through one box every weekend. 

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.