Minimalist living

How to dress to make yourself appear taller

2019-08-30 09:40 #0 by: Evelina

Dearly Bethany on youtube has a fantastic series where she provides tips for us short people ๐Ÿ™ˆ on how to dress to appear taller. I think it is a fantastic way to help minimize your wardrobe too because it helps narrow down what to wear for your body and what not to wear.

2019-08-30 12:03 #1 by: Niklas

Aaaahh! I wrote down all her tips and then lost it while switching between apps. Here they are anyway:

• Tuck in T-shirt.
  • Wear skin colored shoes with pointy toes.
  • Roll up pants.
  • Roll up sleeves.
  • Wear one-color outfits.
  • Vertical stripes.
  • Wear pants on waist instead of hips.
  • Longer necklaces.
  • Hem pants to show more ankle.
  • Wear slimmer tops.
2019-08-30 13:48 #2 by: Evelina

Great, thanks for that! Although I guess you personally donโ€™t need these tips since you quite tall ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Maybe there are tips for tall people to look less tall, not sure how desirable that is though. I think perhaps most people want to be tall I guess ๐Ÿ˜…

2019-08-30 16:18 #3 by: jordan

I never knew about the pointed toe tip! I don't think that would work for me as my feet are disproportionate to my height however Laughing out loud

I wear a lot of cropped trousers nowadays, so I guess that's the main way I try to look taller!

2019-08-30 16:20 #4 by: Niklas

#2: ๐Ÿ™‚ I think you could reverse those tips to get the opposite effect. Then, to look shorter and more overweight you would:

* Let T-shirt hang loose.
* Wear shoe colors that contrast with your skin.
* Roll down pants.
* Roll down sleeves.
* Wear two or more color outfits.
* Horisontal stripes.
* Wear pants on hips instead of waists.
* Short necklaces.
* Have pants legs lengthened to hide ankles.
* Wear overly large tops to hide your figure.

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.