Annons:
Tagminimalist-living
Read 1062 times
=^_^=
2019-10-05 12:11

Are you a minimalist?

I'm curious about your relationship with minimalism. What is your definition of it? Do you consider yourself a minimalist? What is your reason for choosing this lifestyle? Have it changed your life in any way? I hope you all are having a wonderful day 🖤 =^_^=

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Annons:
Niklas
2019-10-05 21:30

I like the definition that says minimalism is having what you need, not more. According to that definition I am not, and will never be, a minimalist, but it is my vision. It helps me make better decisions, and, above all, I feel much better with fewer things around me. My mind works better with fewer distractions. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

=^_^=
2019-10-05 22:50

#1 Thank you for sharing! Is it your own decision to never fully live according to that definition or is something stopping you from making that vision come true?

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Evelina
2019-10-07 07:44

#0 I agree with Niklas. But I would also add trying to purchase things that are more sustainable and buying preowned things. I also dont consider myself a minimalist but its rather something I am striving for instead. I dont think Ill ever become super minimalist but at least I am trying to recogise the fact that there are differences between what I want vs need. And it is okay to buy things I want as long as it fulfills some sort of meaningful criteria, such as knowing that I will use it for a long time or very often.

Niklas
2019-10-07 13:57

#2: It is my own decision, or realization, that I will never fully be what I call a minimalist. I am too interested in gadgets and also a shopaholic. That doesn’t mean that I don’t still try to keep my excesses to a minimum. 🙂 I have improved a lot compared to 10, 20, or 30 years ago. Now I realize I have this problem and what a burden it is to own too many or the wrong things. We have gotten rid of many belongings in the last ten years. Hundreds of DVDs, hundreds of CDs, many many paper books, lots of clothes, furniture, appliances and tech toys. We haven’t owned a TV, home stereo, landline phone, cable-based internet, or laptops for many years. I have declined to inherit things from diseased relatives, except for a few tiny, low-value items. We haven’t bought a larger house. I want to live even smaller, despite us already living in a smaller space than the country average. I don’t make a lot of money because my time and family is more important than increased economic freedom. I more often make conscious decisions to buy stuff and even abstain from buying pretty regularly. I seldom go out to have lunches at work. I don't give away overly expensive presents. I get rid of things immediately when I realize I don’t use or like them enough.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2019-12-05 16:42

citated from  #1 "I like the definition that says minimalism is having what you need, not more.

In that case I could be a minimalist. Else I will call me a Maximalist. I want to have everything saved that can be useful sometimes. Luckily I have a lot of possibilities to store a lot of things. Laughing out loud

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Marinas Mix
2019-12-08 06:44

I agree with #5 That´s me in a nutshell.
When it comes to clothes and household items I don´t buy a lot and what I do buy is from fleamarkets.
But then I got this hobby: Beading and you can NEVER get to much beadsLaughing out loud

Hostess at Bead Craft

Annons:
Emo
2019-12-08 07:58

From #6  Beading and you can NEVER get to much beadsLaughing out loud

But too few shelves. Winking

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Scroll to top
Annons: