Annons:
Tagminimalist-living
Read 1050 times
Evelina
2019-10-11 15:47

Investing in Good Quality Soft Winter Sweaters

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

So I have lived in Sweden for 5 years now and have yet to find a decent quality sweater that I actually love.  I keep buying sweaters and then find something I don't like about it, so I give it away. 

I'm looking for something that is: 

• Soft! Not itchy at all

• Doesn't create static 

• Neutral color (black, oatmeal, bone, rust)

• Not too thick

• Breathable 

• Slim fit but big enough for easy layering 

• Good quality fabric 

I ordered a few different 100% cashmere sweaters to see if they fit my checklist. 

I ordered 2 sweaters from Soft Goat to see the quality of cashmere.  The first sweater was actually really soft but a touch itchy still. I ordered a small but it was actually way too big for me. Although it was 100% cashmere, it made me look quite frumpy. 

The other sweater I ordered was a slim fit, so I ordered a medium since I have quite broad shoulders. But this one was actually not very soft at all, which surprised me. So I returned that one as well. 

I've also ordered the Mock neck sweater from Everlane that going to be delivered this month at some point. My mom got me a gift card for my birthday so I decided to finally make an order with them. I also ordered a pair of blue skinny jeans since I only own one pair at the moment so I am hoping they fit! 

I don't ever think I have owned cashmere before so I wondering if my expectations are a bit high. Have you ever found cashmere that isn't itchy? So far, I am disappointed haha but I guess I haven't shopped around all that much yet.

Shop Everlane now for modern essentials. We make the most beautiful essentials, at the best factories, without traditional markups. Free shipping on 2+ items.
  • Edited by Niklas 2022-02-08 10:17
Annons:
Niklas
2019-10-13 13:07

My best winter sweaters are Houdini Power Jacket and Houdini Power Houdi. They are not made from natural materials, but they are very comfortable and durable. I wear them in fall, winter, and spring and expect them to last ten years. They come in women's models as well.

» M's Power Jacket | Houdini Sportswear

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-10-14 21:20

They look very nice! I ended up finding a sweater from Samsoe and Samsoe. They had a very nice quality sweater that was soft and very comfy!

Niklas
2019-10-15 12:48

What do you use as a neck warmer for winter? I used to wear regular mufflers, but now I use merino tube scarf. They take up minimal space, meaning they can be stuffed in a pocket, and also has multiple uses. They don’t get itchy or sweaty and come in all colors. The ultimate minimalist clothes item.

Considering how many names they have, they must be very loved. Tubular, tube scarf, buff (also a brand name), neck gaiter, neck warmer, neck tube, tube gaiter… 😀

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-10-15 14:58

Haha thats good! I just have regular scarves, I have two wool scarves that are nice ans warm and not itchy. I got them from a swedish store called Grandpa. And I have a scarf that is not wool for less cold days from Nelly I think. It was inexpensive but looks nice and still provides some warmth. Ive used these three for the last 3 or 4 years. I do need to find a beanie or hat for winter. But I am very picky and I find most are uncomfortable. I usually just use my headphones to cover my ears when its cold.

Niklas
2019-10-16 11:01

Look for a merino beanie. Or, again, get a tube scarf and use it as a beanie. 🙂 Watch this short video for ideas on how to wear a neck warmer in lots of different ways. I have a couple of beanies but they are both a bit small so I am looking for one that’s not OSFA.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-11-10 17:08

I have one wool beanie that I picked up at a little touristy shop in Ireland. I was freezing and just grabbed whatever decent looking one I could find there. Its black, which is fine but doesn't really match by winter coat. I wish I could find the same one but in a brown or rust color. I'll have to google around for a merino beanie!

Annons:
Niklas
2019-11-11 11:21

There are many merino beanies on Amazon at decent prices. If you want to buy in a store, AddNature on Birger Jarlsgatan are okay. Check the website first though. You can order things to the store to check out before you decide. They often have sales and temporary markdowns if you register for their newsletter.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-11-11 12:09

#7 cool thanks for the tip! 😁

Scroll to top
Annons: