Annons:
Tagminimalist-living
Read 883 times
Evelina
2019-12-02 17:28

Are you boycotting Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

I have found myself in a few different conversations in the last week or so about the stress that is involved with Black Friday sales. 

This year I decided to not participate in any of the sales! I wanted to be more thoughtful and not feel stressed out that I am 'missing out' on any deals. I keep getting bombarded by so many emails and text messages about 'deals', this year instead of reading them, I am simply deleting them and moving on with my life! Not to mention, I have an exam on Wednesday and I don't need to be shopping online for ages. Laughing out loud

How do you feel about Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

To be clear, I don't think it is necessarily bad too participate. If you want to buy something that is on sale that is totally fine, just be mindful of how you feel and react to the sales. Does it make you feel good? Bad? Anxious?

Annons:
[Joab]
2019-12-03 08:38

My email inbox experienced a huge increase this year in black Friday/week emails compared to last year. I read maybe 1 out of 10 of them. The rest went immediately to the bin. I felt irritated about receiving so many irrelevant emails. I had not planned to buy anything and did not buy anything either.

Marinas Mix
2019-12-03 09:04

If there is something on sale that I really need, I might buy, bot otherwise I don`t.
I saw one of the small local toy stores, they didn`t have a sale, but the donated some money from the sales on friday to cancer research.

Hostess at Bead Craft

Evelina
2019-12-03 12:07

#2 that’s a great approach to Black Friday, I wish more places did that. 😊 #1 I agree, it felt more aggressive this year. I was told by others that Sweden didn’t even have Black Friday not too many years ago. It’s a shame that it’s becoming more and more of a thing.

Maleficum
2019-12-03 13:27

#3 In Sweden it's fairly new idea (sadly enough).

It was like 2013 I think it started (small then) and after that it grew. And like last year the beginning of "black week" is growing too.

I think this trend is a bit sad when you think about all the problems we already have with to much consumption of stuff and how it impacts the environment.

I only bought on black Friday a few years back accidentality, had no Idea about it but had to order some new stuff for the birds (foods and the likes).

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Niklas
2019-12-03 18:12

I guess a boycott is a conscious decision and then I didn't boycott the black days, but I didn't buy anything cheaper than usual, I think. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: